In following our simple tips below, you will save money on your power bill, keep your home or business to your perfect climate, and to do your bit to reduce energy use and look after our planet.
- Choose the right system e.g. an inverter air conditioner is considered the cheapest to run.
- Clean your filters
- Get your air conditioner serviced once or twice a year depending on its use, this also improves air quality, reducing air borne bacteria and allergies.
- Maintain the ducts and vents on your ducted system. Make sure the ducts are properly insulated and when serviced, ensure that the technician checks for leaks or holes in the duct.
- Make sure all windows and doors are closed when running your air conditioner and keep curtains/blinds closed where possible
- Set your air conditioner’s temperature between 23 and 24 degrees.
- If a hot day is expected, turn your air conditioner on before it gets hot to save your air conditioner having to work harder to cool the space.
Some questions to ask yourself if your looking at installing an air conditioner are:
1. Dimensions of areas that require air conditioning?
2. Where do you expect the indoor and outdoor units to be located?
3. What are your budget restrictions?
4. Will your switchboard need upgrading due to the age of your house?